Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Old timers...

I love old people... hmm... the term old seems to offend people... okay, I love those born at a more comfortable distance from the Apocalypse. Some of the things they do make me laugh. Ronald Reagan once said "with age comes the tendency to tell the same stories over and over again". Some more words of wisdom from the man who wouldn't exploit his opponents youth inexperience. People say that kids say the darnest things, I would argue this point, Old people say the darnest things.

I was at a photography class and I was sitting next to and elderly gentleman. And we were learning stuff and he pointed to a huge button on a camera that said 'on' and he asked "What does this button do?" "that one?" "Yeah the big one" "The one that says on? I think that's the self-destruct button. You might not want to hit it... it might ruin you camera..."

All day he was afraid to push the 'on' button.

Another good story.

"I'm from Georgia where you from?" "I was born here in Florida." "Really? I hear Florida is a nice place... I've never been there before..."

I was in a waiting room here in Florida. Five minutes later:

"I'm from Georgia where you from?" "I was born here in Florida." "Really? I hear Florida is a nice place... I've never been there before..."

I was doing some community service at the Elks Lodge with is an old persons bar. I was busing tables with this pretty girl about my age. We were kinda talking and this man who had seen his fair share of winters walks up to her and says "Hey Baby, what are you doing after work tonight... do you want to go back to my place?" awkward silence... Me: "she's married..." "oh... darn..."

No comments:

Post a Comment