Monday, May 17, 2010

I sould not be allowed to bake!

Yesterday I was asked to bake cookies. I said yes... first mistake. I had to soften the butter, but I didn't have time to let it sit out for a hour or so... I wanted nuke it but my Mom gave me a glass bowl and told me to melt it in the oven. I walked away for a minute and while I was gone the bowl EXPLODED! So I started over. I melted more butter. After that I had to mix the butter and the other ingredients together. So I broke out the mixer... I was mixing away when my finger (don't ask me how) got caught in the mixer! That hurt soooooooo bad... I called for help but everyone thought "oh he's lying..." "HELP ME!!!!! OUCH!!!!! I"M GUNNA DIE!!!!" well... that worked... my brother came, saw, and went to get my mom, who, came, saw, and went to get my dad. At this point I'm on the ground about to cry like a little girl... And after all this... the cookies were... umm... YUCKY! I learned that baking is most definitely a girls sport.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Landon! Yeah, stay away from the oven! lol By the way, I soften butter by putting it in the microwave IN A BOWL for about ten to fifteen second (no more than thirty). It works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats what I wanted to do... :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously I need to teach you how to bake without killing yourself. Baking is one occupation I rarely get injured in. Shocking eh?

    ReplyDelete