Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Doggie day...

Today was my first day at New Horizon's Dogs. They train dogs to help other people. I enjoyed myself. But (due to the nature of my blog) a lot of interesting things happened. To start off, the boss lady told me as soon as my Mom left, "I am going to work you to death, if you don't think you can handle it, call you mom and leave." She did not lie! My first task was to clean out the puppy pen. So the first part to this was removing the puppies from the pen. Holy cow! Those things can move! Oh and by the way, it has been raining alot over here. I go to grab one of these fifty pound puppies and it blots one me, leaving me in the mud. I get up and hit my head on a metal bar (I still have no clue why it was there). After running around like a mad man (mostly true, I am some what crazy) I finally capture those four legged rascals. Next thing was to clean the pen out. Ugh! That was nasty! Oh well... I got it done... Wait... I forgot to tell you something... while cleaning it out I stepped in... guess what... wrong... not doggy poo... I stepped in water. Ok not in water, it landed on me. I got under this tarp to clean the ground under it and on the way out my back hit the edge causing all the old slimy water to pore all over me. I was soaked. They train these dogs to open gates and they have these crazy hard locks on all the kennel doors, well one to the workers forgot to lock the gate, an one of the dogs opened all the doors. So when I stood up after being soaked I saw all the dogs running around. This was a nightmare. Then the goats got involved. This is to stupid to make up, we have dogs and goat running everywhere, and me soaked and slimy wondering what I should do. Food! Dogs and goats both love food... We got them all put up and the gates locked. And that was my day today...

No comments:

Post a Comment